- A man must not deny his manifest abilities, for that is to evade his obligations.
- Heaven grant us patience with a man in love.
- Painting, n.: The art of protecting flat surfaces from the weather, and exposing them to the critic.
- Nature engenders the science of painting.
- Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement.
- A mixture of admiration and pity is one of the surest recipes for affection.
- We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes non-work.