Hard work and talent are important ingredients for success in life but they won’t necessarily get you a job that pays more, added responsibilities or promotion at work. In a lot of cases however, it takes much more than talent and hard work to get the promotion you so desire.
When life has got you in a slump, turn to these inspirational short stories. Not only is reading them like getting an internet hug for the soul, but they just may spark an idea or a change in you for the better. Read on and get ready to smile
- Everyone Has a Story in Life
A 24 year old boy seeing out from the train’s window shouted…
“Dad, look the trees are going behind!”
Dad smiled and a young couple sitting nearby, looked at the 24 year old’s childish behavior with pity, suddenly he again exclaimed…
“Dad, look the clouds are running with us!”
The couple couldn’t resist and said to the old man…
“Why don’t you take your son to a good doctor?” The old man smiled and said…“I did and we are just coming from the hospital, my son was blind from birth, he just got his eyes today.”
Every single person on the planet has a story. Don’t judge people before you truly know them. The truth might surprise you.
2. Shake off Your Problems
A man’s favorite donkey falls into a deep precipice. He can’t pull it out no matter how hard he tries. He therefore decides to bury it alive.
Soil is poured onto the donkey from above. The donkey feels the load, shakes it off, and steps on it. More soil is poured.
It shakes it off and steps up. The more the load was poured, the higher it rose. By noon, the donkey was grazing in green pastures.
Live the Happy Life
“Try to make at least one person happy every day, and then in ten years you may have made three thousand, six hundred and fifty persons happy, or brightened a small town by your contribution to the fund of general enjoyment.”
Tips for Happiness in Daily Life
You can make your life happier. It is a matter of choice.
It is your attitude that makes you feel happy or unhappy.
We meet various situations every day, and some of them may not contribute to happiness. However, we can choose to keep thinking about the unhappy events, and we can choose to refuse to think about them, and instead, think about and relish the happy moments.
All of us go through various situations and circumstances, but we do not have to let them influence our reactions and feelings.
If we let outer events influence our moods, we become their slaves. We lose our freedom. We let our happiness be determined by outer forces. On the other hand, we can free ourselves from outer influences. We can choose to be happy, and we can do a lot to add happiness to our lives.
It is a feeling of inner peace and satisfaction. It is usually experienced, when there are no worries, fears or obsessing thoughts. This usually happens, when we do something we love to do, or when we get, win, gain, or achieve something that we value. It seems to be the outcome of positive events, but it actually comes from the inside, triggered by external events.
For most people, happiness seems fleeting and temporary, because they allow external circumstances to affect it. One of the best ways to keep it, is by gaining inner peace through daily meditation. As the mind becomes more peaceful, it becomes easier to choose the happiness habit.
Tips for Happiness in Daily Life:
1) Endeavor to change the way you look at things. Always look at the bright side. The mind might drag you to think about negativity and difficulties. Don’t let it. Look at the good and positive side of every situation.
2) Think about solutions, not about problems.
3) Listen to relaxing, uplifting music.
4) Watch funny comedies that make you laugh.
5) Each day, devote some time to reading a few pages of an inspiring book or article.
6) Watch your thoughts. Whenever you catch yourself thinking negative thoughts, start thinking of pleasant things.
7) Always look at what you have done and not at what you haven’t.
Sometimes, you begin the day with the desire to accomplish several objectives. At the end of the day, you might feel frustrated and unhappy, because you haven’t been able to do all of those things.
Look at what you have done, not at what you have not been able to do. Often, even if you have accomplished a lot during the day, you let yourself feel frustrated, because of some minor tasks you didn’t accomplish.
Sometimes, you spend all day successfully carrying out many plans, but instead of feeling happy and satisfied, you look at what was not accomplished and feel unhappy. It is unfair toward yourself.
8) Each day do something good for yourself. It can be something small, such buying a book, eating something you love, watching your favorite program on TV, going to a movie, or just having a stroll on the beach.
9) Each day do at least one act to make others happy.
This can be a kind word, helping your colleagues, stopping your car at the crossroad to let people cross, giving your seat in a bus to someone else, or giving a small present to someone you love. The possibilities are infinite.
When you make someone happy, you become happy, and then people try to make you happy.
10) Always expect happiness.
11) Do not envy people who are happy. On the contrary, be happy for their happiness.
12) Associate with happy people, and try to learn from them to be happy. Remember, happiness is contagious.
13) Do your best to stay detached, when things do not proceed as intended and desired. Detachment will help you stay calm and control your moods and reactions. Detachment is not indifference. It is the acceptance of the good and the bad and staying balanced. Detachment has much to do with inner peace, and inner peace is conductive to happiness.
14) Smile more often.
Motivation is the power that activates the engine of success, and moves you to act and do things.
What Are You Waiting For?
By Kenzii blog
What are you waiting for? Do you want to make changes in your life?
Do you constantly tell yourself that if things were different, you could do this and that?
Nothing is going to change, unless you initiate the change.
Blaming others and blaming circumstances would not make your situation better.
Daydreaming about a different life style, about a vacation, about a new car, or about a new house is not enough. Wishing you were wealthy, healthy or in love, and at the same time, at the back of your mind, not believing you will ever achieve any of these things, would only make the situation worse.
What you feel and believe deep inside you is more powerful than all your resolutions, wishes and daydreaming. You should work on convincing yourself that these things are possible. When you are convinced you act differently.
Start today, not in the future
If you want to make changes in your life, then you have to start right now, not in some undefined future. You are cheating and frustrating yourself when you procrastinate, when you make empty resolutions, and when you believe that if circumstances were different you would have been able to do this and that.
Now, this very moment is the time to start any change, the smallest one or the biggest one. If you say, “I’ll start tomorrow”, you are cheating yourself, because tomorrow you will again say the same thing. There will always be another tomorrow, but no change in your life.
Change must start right now, and only you, are responsible for this change. You must devote time and effort, and make plans, and things will start changing.
There is always a subconscious inner resistance to making changes, even if one does not like his or her life. People feel more comfortable with a familiar situation, even if they don’t like it. Strange, isn’t it?
So, what are you waiting for? Are you going to do something about your life, or just read the article and go on with your life? If you do this, tomorrow will be more or less like today, and the day after too, and so on and on.
If you want to make changes in your life you need to start them now, this very moment, and not tomorrow. So what are you going to do?
You have all the tools here, at this website, for making changes in your life.
Do you need to be motivated? There are articles about motivation at this website.
Do you need willpower and self-discipline to be able to take charge of your life, and follow through with your decisions? There are articles here, and there is a book with exercises.
Do you need powerful tools to make things happen? There are plenty of articles at this website about creative visualization and affirmations, as well as two books, especially devoted to creative visualization and affirmations.
Hello guys,how was your night, ok here is a bit fact for you
Have you in anyway doubt what you can do,what God created you to become, don’t let someone confuse you, you’re gifted ,and i tell you this, God love’s you
You’re drowned in God’s blessings, you shall be happy, because God will never forget you, don’t doubt what you can do
You need to rediscover yourself, rediscover where you want to be,brand yourself, the way you go,you carry yourself, the kind of friends you keep, describe the kind of person you’re,
Know, who you want to be in future, say this “I am who God says I am, I’am me”
####Believe in yourself.
BE YOU, BE REAL
Hello guys,here is my friend, is a singer, the first time I listened to him I was like #waw, Meyar have this divine,unique voice
His first song I listened to was ijim n etiekwu, followed by his cover Reggae blues, which is wow,and now when I listened to #Only you,I said to myself this is the kind of voice I like to hear, and i would be happy to collaborate with him in some of my songs,
Download Only you by meyar.
Nigerian music industry if you ask me is growing, we now have coming talented singers who are ready to reach there,
Check him out @iam_meyar via instagram
Here are some words of encouragement quotes to lift your spirits and brighten your day:
1. “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” ~Arthur Ashe
3. “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” ~Anne Frank
4. “When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.” ~Alexander Graham Bell
5. “Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.”~Helen Keller
6. “When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” ~Harriet Beecher Stowe
7. “You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” ~Eleanor Roosevelt
8. “If you don’t pay appropriate attention to what has your attention, it will take more of your attention than it deserves.” ~David Allen
9. “I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe.” ~Dalai Lama
10. “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” ~Helen Keller
11. “It is by going down into the abyss that we recover the treasures of life. Where you stumble, there lies your treasure.” ~Joseph Campbell
12. “In essence, if we want to direct our lives, we must take control of our consistent actions. It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” ~Tony Robbins
13. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” ~Thomas A. Edison
14. “You are never to old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” ~C.S. Lewis
15. “Even if you fall on your face, you’re still moving forward.” ~Victor Kiam
16. “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.” ~Wayne Dyer
17. “Learn from the past, set vivid, detailed goals for the future, and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control: now.” ~Denis Waitley
18. “Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.” ~Thomas Jefferson
19. “The key is to keep company only with people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best.” ~Epictetus
20. “Be impeccable with your word. Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.” ~Miguel Angel Ruiz
21. “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” ~William James
22. “Learning is the beginning of wealth. Learning is the beginning of health. Learning is the beginning of spirituality. Searching and learning is where the miracle process all begins.” ~Jim Rohn
23. “I’d rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and succeed.” ~Robert H. Schuller
24. “If it is bread that you seek, you will have bread. If it is the soul you seek, you will find the soul. If you understand this secret, you know you are that which you seek.” ~Rumi
25. “Always say ‘yes’ to the present moment. What could be more futile, more insane, than to create inner resistance to what already is? what could be more insane than to oppose life itself, which is now and always now? Surrender to what is. Say ‘yes’ to life — and see how life suddenly starts working for you rather than against you.” ~Eckhart Tolle
26. “Perhaps everything terrible is in its being something that needs our love.” ~Rainer Maria Rilke
27. “Hold on to what is good, even if it’s a handful of earth.” ~Hopi prayer
28. “Let your soul stand cool and composed before a million universes.” ~Walt Whitman
29. “If you are going through hell, keep going.” ~Winston Churchill
30. “Tell you heart that the fear of suffering is worse than suffering itself. And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream.” ~Paulo Coelho
31. “The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future . . . but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly.” ~Buddha
32. “In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you.” ~Deepak Chopra
33. “Good humor is a tonic for mind and body. It is the best antidote for anxiety and depression. It is a business asset. It attracts and keep friends. It lightens human burdens. It is the direct route to serenity and contentment.” ~Greenville Kleisser
34. “What you thought before has led to every choice you have made, and this adds up to you at this moment. If you want to change who you are physically, mentally, and spiritually, you will have to change what you think.” ~Dr. Patrick Gentempo
35. “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” ~Leo Buscaglia
36. “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” ~Japanese Proverb
37. “Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines.” ~Robert Schuller
38. “We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.” ~Kenji Miyazawa
39. “By recording your dreams and goals on paper, you set in motion the process of becoming the person you most want to be. Put your future in good hands — your own.” ~Mark Victor Hansen
40. “Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it’s holy ground. There’s no greater investment.” ~Stephen Covey
41. “Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really. Double your rate of failure. You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn’t at all. You can be discouraged by failure or you can learn from it, So go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because remember that’s where you will find success.” ~Thomas J. Watson
One of the saddest realities we must face about life is that everybody is not going to be happy when you prosper, people haters can’t stand your dreaming of a better life,despise your happiness, turn their nose up at you because you take extra care in your speech and appearance.
They get angry when you find a better job or a new love,they stop speaking to you when you give up negative behaviours.
The more your dreams evolve into reality, the closer you get to destiny,the greater target you become for the negative opinions of others. People who don’t even know you may form impressions about who they think you are and what you do.They will critique whether you’re qualified, intelligent, attractive, competent, sophisticated, or savvy enough for whatever you’re doing. They’ll always conclude that you’re not enough and you have no business going after destiny. You can’t please haters.